Friday, September 18, 2009

Desire 1

I trust there will be a lot on this topic as we journey together, friends.

Mr. Wattles says,

" . . . every desire is the effort of an unexpressed possibility to come into action." (Chapter 5, The Science of Getting Rich)

I wake in the morning feeling desire that may be misguided. I miss the attention I used to get from a certain fella. (Wow, it feels challenging to be so forward here! I guess naming names would be really forward. Okay. I'm not that revealed.)

It brings relief to contemplate the above line from SGR. If every desire is the effort of an unexpressed possibility to come into action, I CAN have what I want. I can keep on wanting. Yes, he tells us, never feel disappointed:

"Go on in the certain way, and if you do not receive that thing, you will receive something so much better that you will see that the seeming failure was a prelude to a great success." (SGR, Chapter 16).

He also reminds us repeatedly not to use our powers on other people. Keep 'em at home, says the great Mr. W.

So these teachings, combined, remind me that I CAN have all I want, and that my desire is PROOF of that. Furthermore, I need not feel disappointed nor need I project my wishes onto another individual. Mr. Wattles reminds us that we don't know what's best for others. (But I'M best, aren't I? I mean, come on!) I could also see that extending to us not knowing what's best for us.

My friend Beth posted the following note on Facebook this morning, and it reminded me of this whole contemplation:

The moon is in Virgo and - it's a New Moon that cracks open the heart, and purges the poisons from your mind, body and spirit.
This New Moon sees us planting the seeds of reconciling "what is" with the wonder of what could be. This New Moon asks us to see what we've got, right here and right now. And to drop whatever we're carrying that is hurting us. It's a pathway that requires us to discern which pieces we should leave by the wayside, and which are essential parts of who we are. But we are never alone, and can ask for spirit to show us the difference. (from an article by Molly Hall)


Thanks, Beth.

In re-reading that, it has me open my heart to loving those I may still leave by the wayside. We are all becoming. No negativity is necessary. I can just take my hands off the oars and turn downstream.

No comments:

Post a Comment