Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I read this in the book last night:

" You can serve God and your fellow humans in no more effective way that by getting rich. That is, if you get rich by the creative method and not by the competitive one." (The Science of Getting Rich, Chapter 10)

That statement has never particularly moved me before, in all my months of reading this book. I read it last night and it resonated on a different level. I saw that getting rich by the creative method - living in the CERTAIN WAY - is showing people who they really are. What we are. Our true nature. Behold the love of God.

Fascinating to look at it that way, when I look back over the words. That a conversation about "being rich" is something that seems to awaken the core of love in us?

It's absolutely brilliant.

Here's a man telling me that the way to riches is not to worry and to be really present. Wha?

When all I want to do is come into the present again and again anyway! It's the simplest thing, and so mysterious, and paradoxical in its effect, and yet I am convinced it is the key to All. It IS All. There is nothing but this moment.

I dig playing with this stuff. In the moments when my HEAD just relaxes and allows the creative part of me to arise, I can generate beautifully. I just think so dern much. So the noticing, the getting present, the watching the thoughts, the breathing, the resting, the relaxing, the dropping the hyper-vigilance, . . . hearing the MFC's play the Palace at Auburn Hills, where I saw Jerry play on his birthday in August 1994, . . .

it's all right here. And all is well.

(These guys freakin' rock! Will you confuse my love for the cobwebs?)

Again:

"You can serve God and your fellow humans in no more effective way that by getting rich. That is, if you get rich by the creative method and not by the competitive one."

I do believe that if I continue to insist that I live my life the way I want to, I will continue to have it. Nothing truly convinces me otherwise. It's funny that I would still feel some mistrust, at the same time. But it's not the winning voice. Thankfully.

I listen to Mr. Wattles. He tells me not to worry. He tells me to do all that I can do in a day. Without hurrying, he says. He tells me to give off the vibe of increase (spread love!). He tells me to do today's work today and not worry whether yesterday's work was done well or what will come tomorrow. Right now, he says. (Mais, oui.)

And as I create a more expansive life I see that it shows others what We are. May all reflect back to one another the same Love that created that watermelon-colored sunset blazing through the black trees, after 24+ hours of rain, and then, the clouds closed up and just after the sky grew dark, unloaded more water. We are all that. May we use it to love.

This is what Mr. Wattles teaches us: God wants us to love and enjoy our life because WE ARE GOD. We ARE the consciousness creating all of this. Why wouldn't we make it to enjoy?

Have you ever been to Glacier National Park? Or been with a giant seqoia? A whale? Multiple whales?

We are alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment