Thursday, September 17, 2009

Grateful and Amazed

What can I say?

I moved my book mark back to the start of Chapter 5 when I finished reading it today. It's so full of nuggets of love and direction and faith and celebration. It's one of my favorite chapters.

I started my day in the vibe of the following paragraph:

"It is the desire of God that you should get rich. He wants you to get rich because he can express himself better through you if you have plenty of things to use in giving him expression. He can live more in you if you have unlimited command of the means of life."

Wallace D. Wattles, The Science of Getting Rich, Chapter 5

I enjoyed sharing the theme with my friends this morning and started the day off full of cheer. What joy to remember that we are the Divine digging on itself. And that play is full of love!

As the day went on, however, I was tested. I was experiencing a body ache that seemed unrelenting and had me concerned for my health. Again, what did we discuss yesterday? "Disease is only an appearance, and the reality of health."

So I kept trying to think: truth, regardless of appearances; truth, regardless of appearances.

I noticed how my whole body was tensing up at the physical discomfort and fear that there's something wrong.

The shift came when I arrive home from work and relaxed. I believe that part of what was happening was that my body was feeling tired and wanted to rest. Simple as that. I sat on my comfortable couch and lay down to relax for a while before my plans for the evening got going. I was grateful to lie here and see the trees out my front window, feel the texture of the couch beneath me and the blanket on top of me. It was heavenly.

The ache never came back, to my relief.

During my down time on the sofa, I read this sentence, later in Chapter 5:

"You are going to get what you want, but you are going to get it in such a way that when you get it every other person will have more than he has now."

Something about that just blew my mind, as tidbits from this great work do. It reminded me of what makes this book special. This is not about hoarding. This is not about getting more by getting ahead of others. This is about increase and more life for ALL. So beautiful. So generous. So exciting. This is why we love you, Mr. Wattles. You're all heart.

I could go on and on about the joy in my day and the sweet, sweet vibration I feel emanating from within, and the absolute GRATITUDE for this experience and for all of the seeming avenues that have led me to this moment.

AND I know there will me more room for all of that as we go along. For now, some meditation and rest.

With love,

I.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment