Monday, September 28, 2009

Inner Peace Dance Party, Anyone?

I'm in a gifting club that meets once a week by conference call to talk about all sorts of inspiring topics. Following is the topic for this week's call:

Topic: The well respected author and educator, Dr. Vernon Woolf, who is head of the International Academy of Holodynamics, related in one of his workshops a fact published in an Australian magazine: That if all of the combined wealth of the world were gathered up into one place and then re-distributed equally to all of the worlds' seven billion people, we would each be billionaires. We would each have 4.7 billion dollars! Now, this information is staggering, yes? Well....are we not aware that we live on a very fertile planet in an infinitely abundant universe?
The question: If money were this abundantly plentiful in your life, what would you choose to do with your time on planet earth? Describe the life you would create if money were no object....


I love the question, and I feel that it is very much in alignment with what I write about here. However, first I want to share that I did some looking into that statement. So, it turns out, if all the wealth in the world were evenly distributed, we would each get about $9000. Quite a difference from each of us being billionaires.

But am I bringing negative talk into this conversation?

I don't mean to. What I want to do is contemplate the above question: If money were this abundantly plentiful in your life, what would you choose to do with your time on planet earth? Describe the life you would create if money were no object.

Let me first throw a little Wallace Wattles in here.

"Know that there are countless millions of dollars' worth of undiscovered gold in the mountains of the earth. Know that if there were not, more would be created from the thinking substance to supply your needs. Know that the money you need will come -- even if it is necessary for a thousand people to be led to the discovery of new gold mines tomorrow.

Never look at the visible supply; always look at the limitless riches in the formless substance and know that they are coming to you as fast as you can receive and use them. Nobody, by cornering the visible supply, can prevent you from getting what is yours."
(The Science of Getting Rich, Chapter 5)

So here's the question again: If money were this abundantly plentiful in your life, what would you choose to do with your time on planet earth? Describe the life you would create if money were no object.
I think when I come to Chicago, I would stay in a nice hotel or find an apartment to sublet. I might buy a small house or a condo in Austin to have as my nesting place while in town. It would surely have a great big claw foot tub like I have now and like I saw at Shelly's the other day. It was good for me to see her tub because I think my bathtub keeps me attached to my place. Great to see great big claw foot tubs elsewhere!

Now here's the big question: would I grab an Airstream and a truck and a dj and a chef (can it all be the same person? anyone want to enlist? I can think of at least one person . . . though he suggested we get TWO Airstreams) and hit the road for towns with mild climates and throw impromptu dance parties and food giveaways? What stops me from doing that now?

Am I lazy?

I feel a little tense right now. My nose is stuffed up and runny and I have a head ache and it's cold and windy outside and I'm confused about what I'm doing here and and and and I think about what I read yesterday: Nothing is worth closing your heart over. Nothing. You can relax.

Who am I trying to please in this life?

Am I resisting the Airstream Dance Party idea because I don't want to do it on my own? Could I put an ad on Craigslist? What kinds of weird freaks would I get then? Am I resisting it out of loneliness and not wanting to go alone? Am I resisting because I want my Airstream Dance Party partner also to be my romantic partner?

One thing I know: I'd go to Hawaii in December for the Ram Dass/Krishna Das retreat. That one I know for sure.

And I know that the dance parties are ALL ABOUT increase and more life for all. That is FOR SURE.

I watched some of The Ellen Show today and I'm so glad I did. She had a thirteen-year-old boy on there who loves dancing and she talked with him about how FREE it feels to dance. Yes. I have felt that she would be a great supporter of the Free Organic Veggie Hippie Food Love Van Dance Party.

What stops me?

Yes, being on the road and discovering this country (this WORLD!) is my passion. As is awakening my consciousness, which is my primary purpose and commitment. Does that focus keep me from spreading my focus on this plane?

What stops me?

In contemplating the question for tonight's Diamond call, I wondered how much energy I spend worrying about money? I can feel the pressure that seems to hold me in place. Am I kidding myself to think that that's not the case? What is it that I need to create? What is the clear mental image that I need to create in order to do what I really want to do?

Mr. Wattles tells us that we must work in and on our present place and situation in order to get where we want to be. I can go to work at Austin Lakes Hospital, filled with gratitude, as I typically am there. I can more than fill my present place and hold with faith and purpose (insistence) that I get what I want. And allow it to come to me. It doesn't seem to make sense, but I am committed to this certain way, 30 days at a time, am I not?

I don't know what I want.

It feels like there's a SHOULD out there. That these visions somehow are to lead to happiness, when what I really want is inner peace and a deep knowing of the infinite love and peace within us all. Everything beyond that is icing on the cake.

And, YES, free dance parties and A BIG FAT ROAD TRIP would be a blast.

Will you come with me?

*****

Um, oh yeah, I'd get myself to the dentist. And buy my mom her retirement, however she wants it.

No comments:

Post a Comment