Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Get Rich

Mr. Wattles says, directly in Chapter 9, that the way we can help the poor is to get rich by the creative method. He says, " . . . every person who gets rich by creation opens a way for thousands to follow him and inspires them to do so."

A few weeks ago I met a man who is the chief medical officer of a major city hospital system. I found out that he's also a musician who plays guitar, "and I'm a Dead Head," he told me, a Dead Head myself. He said that he plays music to soothe him when work gets too stressful. I can imagine that it might! And I told him that I'm glad someone's busting their ass; I'm just interested in playing.

[This is funny, my Pandora just started playing "Boy You're Gonna Carry That Weight". Hee hee hee!]

Today I was chatting with a man who has maybe five jobs, several of them which would be full-time for most people. Although he complains about the craziness of his schedule, he also acknowledges that he loves it. He told me recently, when I asked him why he'd just picked up another job, "I like money. I like challenges. I like to 'win.' . . . Hence, another job."

These two conversations had me consider my own situation and philosophy. The latter of these guys told me that he likes nice things and that with more money, you can have nice things.

Yes. Agreed. Let's have lots of money! I'm all for that.

Still, I wonder about the need to work harder to bring the money in. To have the nice things.

Mr. Wattles never says it's an easy trip. He says we have to work at guarding our thoughts and keeping focused with faith, purpose and gratitude. He says we're to do our best with our current situation, more than filing our present places. He says to do, each day, all that can be done that day. However, he reminds us (and I love this) not to hurry, as hurrying is an expression of fear that there's not enough of something (time, money, opportunities, resources, etc.).

Where am I going with this?

I guess I'm wondering if I'm doing enough and if what I consider my job is ample, if I compare myself with these others. But Mr. W might likely - were he here to ask - recommend against comparison. Is that not competitive in nature?

And if I read back over my last entry, I seem confident in my job.

My job, to me, seems to be being present and loving in any and every situation. Keep opening my heart. Opening my consciousness. Waking up to the fact that there isn't even anything for me to merge with: I'm it already (So are you. So is this keyboard. So is this couch. So is the furry feeling on my teeth, and so is my headache.).

Fascinating that in tonight's fatigue I'd go down this road of questioning. Also today I had a conversation with a friend who completely lives his life on guidance. He shared with me about his fiance and about a decision she's looking at, and he said that she's waiting to get guidance one way or the other.

That was sweet to hear because that is how I live my life, more or less. In the flow. Allowing flow to show me. Trusting in God and my path. I find that when I'm resisting, mentally, what's arising in front of me, I'm fighting against the flow. There's no room for any movement in such resistance. No space.

To see negativity, at all, goes against seeing truth regardless of appearances. I've been playing with not having an opinion, with neutrality. It's sweet.

Eckhart Tolle says, how do you know that you're having the right experience for your spiritual growth? Because you're having the experience you're having.

Again, where am I going with this?

I guess, looking back at the original topic tonight, I continue to be encouraged to get rich on the creative plane. And I have faith and purpose and vast amounts of gratitude, love, exuberance for life and appreciation. Yeah, I'm on track.

If I want to see how I stack up with these others, is that competitive? I think so.

May I just continue to keep my heart open, love everyone, celebrate our ultimate oneness, and, as Mr. Wattles says, inspire others by being rich in the creative realm.

I am.

Interesting and also beautiful day. Praying for good, restorative sleep. Grateful for the beautiful food I ate today, for seeing and talking with my friends and relatives (!), sunshine, taking a walk, my body, money, Paul Simon Pandora, my home, climate control (tonight it's a.c.), this blog and the on-going inquiry, and reducing my emailing and Facebooking time so I am more efficient.

I love you,

I.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment