Thursday, October 22, 2009

Inner Peace, Before All Else

There is never any hurry on the creative plane. And there is no lack of opportunity.
When you get out of the competitive mind, you will understand that you never need to act hastily. No one else is going to beat you to the thing that you want to do. There is enough for all. If one place is taken, another and a better one will be opened for you a little farther on. There is plenty of time. When you are in doubt, wait. Fall back on the contemplation of your vision and increase your faith and purpose. And, by all means, in times of doubt and indecision, cultivate gratitude.
A day or two spent in contemplating the vision of what you want and in earnest thanksgiving that you are getting it, will bring your mind into such close relationship with the Infinite that you will make no mistake when you do act.
Wallace D. Wattles, The Science of Getting Rich, Chapter 13

What an amazing book. I read some comments by people today who talked about how they get more and more out of it each time they read it. I've probably read the book somewhere around fifty times now (actually, I have no idea. It's just been constant since February), and I swoon over little tidbits as I go through. The perfect message appears at the perfect time.

This passage above has me looking at what my vision is. Sometimes I feel iffy about my vision. I often feel the pull of travel -- and I know Mr. Wattles recommends against vague visions of travel. He says, be specific. So what is it, underneath that, that I'm seeking?

It's freedom.

And today I was chatting with a friend about money and how I'd like to have at least $10,000 in the bank at all times. That it felt like that would lend a feeling of security. And then I saw that, like wanting to hear that another person loves me, cannot give me the ultimate security that I seek. I can only get that in the arms of God.

So my friend and I talked about how we have security collapsed with money, self-worth collapsed with the apparent love of others. He told me it's not like we have to try to get rid of those thoughts; we can simply distinguish them.

So what else, outside of the appearance of security?

Well, like I mentioned above: freedom.

And before all else, INNER PEACE.

For years that was my primary prayer. In the past few years I've come to find that all that praying had paid off. So it's interesting to play in game of creating in the world of form.

Will having my car painted freshly and a new windshield lend itself to my feelings of inner peace and freedom, or do those feelings come first, and from there, I'm able truly to connect with the source [that I am anyway] and create a freshly painted, new-windshielded car?



One of my favorite songs just came on my Joni Mitchell Pandora: Coyote.

You know what's cool?

I'm writing almost every day. Whether here on this blog or another, the writing is coming out of me. And that's a joy. It's what I love to do. It's flowing. I'm grateful for that.

And when I start to get nervous about my financial picture -- and I have been getting nervous a little bit in the last few days -- I'm deeply grateful for the teachings of Mr. Wattles. He's so incredibly generous and soothing. And I believe him. I do what he tells me to do, as much as I'm able.

There seems to be a lot around me about unearthing what it is we really want. What are those clear mental images? Some of them still feel like shoulds.

Right now: freedom and inner peace. Freedom to move around the planet unencumbered. Freedom from guilt that I'm not living up to what some people might want of me. Freedom from guilt of any kind. Freedom to do everything I choose to do without worry about where the money is going to come from.

I want to have my car painted and have the windshield replaced.

I want to go to Hawaii in December to see Ram Dass et al.

I want to be so relaxed that I never think twice about paying bills or where the money's coming from.

I want to access the ever-flowing river of abundance so I don't sit on the sidelines and admire others who have it and keep myself tethered to them by some strange voyeurism.

I'm grateful to The Artist's Way for helping me unearth some of this. These two books absolutely go hand-in-hand. I AM on the right path. My guides are telling me what to do and I'm listening.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment