Sunday, October 4, 2009

Good News & Generosity = the Impression of Increase!

Okay, first of all, how totally freakin' awesome is this?

DarynKagan.com, a site dedicated to hopeful news stories! People living their dreams! Successes! Daryn Kagan IS sharing The Certain Way! She is showing increase and more life for all. She worked for CNN for 12 years and when they didn't renew her contract, she set up a focus on the world that's positive. That's becoming. Hallelujah! All things are possible!

I was so psyched when I saw an article about her in Body & Soul magazine. It was especially great because I haven't been reading my copies of the magazine lately, and, in fact, had this one in a pile to give away, but, well, I took it into the bathroom with me this morning. I also came across two inspiring recipes that shaped my grocery shopping and will shape my eating this week. Mmmmmm Wild Salmon with Yogurt Dill Sauce. Aw yeah.

Thank you, formless substance.

And something else I'm getting that I want to share with you:

In my gifting circle I'm in (called the Diamond Experience), I'm in a position called Generosity. I was just reminded a few days ago of this by Victoria, who's in the Abundance/Gratitude position in our Diamond. It was so cool to see that reminder from her! I saw these words in a text message: " . . . because you're in Generosity."

What a beautiful thing to be told!

Ahhh! How wonderful!

I recalled right away how when I was traveling this week, I had several opportunities to give big tips . . . bigger than expected in those situations. It was great and helped me see my Clear Mental Image of putting $100 bills in the tip jar at Cafe Mundi, my favorite morning hangout in a town full of great ones. My friend calls it my "second living room". Anyway, so I'd been giving big tips, and that was fun. And doing so also helps me get into the feeling of infinite increase, as I just know I can "afford" to hand the shuttle driver a twenty dollar bill. Of course I can! Increase for all!

Also since I've been back from my trip, I've had two opportunities to give things away at the bus stop next door: a stack of records, and a ticket to a concert. I even got to trace the ticket a bit as the person who picked it up emailed me (I'd posted on craigslist that there was a free ticket to a show taped to the bench at the bus stop) so I looked him up on Facebook, where he'd posted about going to the show! How cool!

Those moments have been giving me joy.

So I looked to see how it connects with the Science of Getting Rich. And what I saw is this:

Generosity is like giving off the impression of increase. When we feel that we can give freely of anything - money, time, food, attention, other resources - we are living from abundance. When we feel that we can freely share, we are not coming from any lack. And according to Mr. Wattles, there's no hurry on the creative plane. And the stuff from which we create is infinite, as are our opportunities, resources and positions.

Being in generosity is relaxing, like being in the relaxed state studying Mr. Wattles puts me in. Just present. Just trusting. Just being and relaxing and celebrating. It's so fun!

One last thought for tonight that stems from this.

Today I got to do something that gives me great pleasure, usually after I've completed the task. I swept and mopped all the floors in my apartment. I have wood floors (except in the bathroom and tiny kitchen) and a wild assortment of spider webs and dust bunnies that exponentially produce the moment the floor dries from its last mopping. And, um, its last mopping could have been as long as a year ago. I don't like doing floors.

But today!

When I remembered, I held the impression of increase as I worked. I looked to see if I was doing the work efficiently, as Mr. Wattles teaches us (see yesterday's post). And so, especially when I was getting tired, I reached for the Supreme Power, which, for me, means getting really present. It helped keep me focused throughout the cleaning AND when I remembered I would tell myself that that activity was keeping thousands of dollars in my bank account and bringing me all I want.

And now I have clean floors and it rocks!

It's all very interesting, and I'm having fun.

Love,

Your loyal,

I.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment