Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Playfully Wearing Costumes

Wow, I was so . . . deep feeling when I was writing yesterday. It was really good. I sat for almost a full hour of Vipassana for the first time in a long time. I was/am grateful.

Also yesterday I had the opportunity to be on a three-way call with my friend Mitch, who's in another Diamond Experience, and I also got to be a guest during his Diamond Experience group call. Both calls were very stimulating, as I saw how the Diamond is a truly outside-of-the-box, creative plane way of being. It's very exciting.

On his group call each of the participants contemplated and shared his or her personal spirit medicine. I thought about music and dancing at first and then noticed people were looking at their own inherent deeper traits.

I looked, thanks to someone else's sharing, at what seems to be at the core of my personality, of this being that is its own unique manifestation of God. And I saw that my spirit medicine is my exuberance and love of life. My being in love with life. It is such a HUGE gift and also one that sometimes takes openness, forgiveness and diligence to allow. Funny to say those words, because it would seem like it's more just a letting go, a taking my hands off the wheel, a turning the boat downstream, a releasing the brakes that allows such love to flow. So I suppose that's where the diligence comes in. Let's share some of Mr. Wattles words:

Every person has the natural ability and inherent power to think what he wants to think, but it requires far more effort to do so than it does to think the thoughts which are suggested by appearances. To think according to appearances is easy. To think truth regardless of appearances is laborious and requires the expenditure of more power than any other work a person has to perform.

There is no labor from which most people shrink as they do from that of sustained and consecutive thought; it is the hardest work in the world. This is especially true when truth is contrary to appearances. Every appearance in the visible world tends to produce a corresponding form in the mind which observes it. This can only be prevented by holding the thought of the truth.

Wallce D. Wattles, The Science of Getting Rich, Chapter 4

I read this passage last night and was particularly moved by the last two sentences. He is such a genius and this book is filled with brilliance. Again: Every appearance in the visible world tends to produce a corresponding form in the mind which observes it. This is judgment. Categorization. Putting things and people in boxes. Assumption. Guilt. Limitation. Fear. This can only be prevented by holding the thought of the truth. This is love. It is not even a thought. It is beyond and before thought. It is a feeling, a vibration, the truth of our being-ness.

This morning I was blessed to wake and notice my thoughts, rather than get taken over by them. I made myself a note on my bathroom mirror: Observing, without added thoughts. Then I added a smiley face.

So this is my practice today. When I'm blessed to notice, may I observe, withought adding thoughts. From that place, I am only love. Ultimately we are all only love; we just get hypnotized by thoughts that tell us otherwise. Those thoughts are not different from love either! They're just playfully wearing costumes.

1 comment:

  1. I love it, Carin! Very insightful. I especially love the part about, "Observe, without adding thoughts." Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete