Saturday, October 3, 2009

Thank you for this opportunity. This has been a great project so far.

Tonight I watched a beautiful movie called Shakespeare Behind Bars. Redemption is ours to have. The love of God misses no one.

Contemplating this idea of redemption (not to mention digging the theme of the film, as I have a strong feeling about what's available to people living in prison), and contemplating SGR, I see that Mr. Wattles sees through love's eyes:

"Train yourself to think of and to look upon the world as a something which is becoming, which is
growing, and to regard seeming evil as being only that which is undeveloped. Always speak in terms of advancement."
The Science of Getting Rich, Chapter 16

What a beautiful sentiment. What a beautiful book. Both SGR and the movie tonight remind me of A Course in Miracles and the implicit love of innocents. And that we all are that. Being surrounded by these reminders is, indeed, God's grace and an answer to prayers. Something to be grateful for.

********

I've been watching as I go through the day and asking myself, Am I living in the Certain Way? I just watch. Often, I conclude I am. I do, each day, all that can be done that day. Well, I am active, most of the time. And I believe on the resting days, Mr. Wattles approves as well. He says that R & R are essential parts of overall health. I bring the Power of Now into my actions, or, as Mr. Wattles says, "You can make each act a success, because the Infinite is working with you, and the Infinite cannot fail. The Supreme Power is at your service. To make each act efficient you have only to put your own power into it." (SGR, Chapter 12)

I believe he means that we only need bring the power of presence into what we do, and in those moments, we have the Supreme Power at our service. We ARE that.

Also today, I started reading The Artist's Way - again. I'm starting a group to work through the book this coming week. I'm glad to pick it up again after the long studying I've been doing of SGR, because the author points right to the creative nature of the formless substance. I'm in! (And I'm also intimidated. This might be where I actually have to let some of my emotions out of my seemingly rigid system.)

I saw today that when I was younger and fell head over heels in love (with a little band called The Grateful Dead), and I was so rejected by my father, I could well have made a decision about the "okay-ness" of feeling passionate about the things I do. It's such a relief to be able to distinguish what I've been clinging to around that relationship and how it has continued to effect my life. I'm not sure how much of this I want to get into, because I'm not sure how open I am when I'm writing it.

Just noticing that I'm moving more into a knowing that we can live lives that are FILLED with joy. We are infinite beings. Sky's the limit, and the sky doesn't stop. At least not anywhere near where our minds can comprehend.

I'm grateful for playing my guitar and singing. Those are some of the clearest untethered moments I have. Really grateful.

And for this Planet Chant CD that I think I bought in California. Haight Street, maybe. Reminds me of travel and how, yes, this is part of my life, and I dig it. People often say to me, "You travel a lot!" and I say, "Yes, I do." And I smile.

Thank you, formless substance. Thank you for creating this being that went for a walk in the rain today. Thank you for the rain and for having me out in it and for mp3 players and clothes to change into and the fun of jumping up and down in puddles, running like rivers through the gutters. Thank you for continuing to show this being that all we want to do is have fun, and that has no limits, no real structure. It's ALL made up. So go on and have a great time! It is your true nature.

This is the beak poking its way out of the egg.

Such a time of inquiry. Such a time of curiosity, of watching.

Let's bring this around with another little bit from our faithful teacher:

"You must get rid of the last vestige of the old idea that there is a diety whose will it is that you should be poor or whose purpose may be served by keeping you in poverty. God loves you and wants you to live an abundant life." (SGR, Chapter 5)

Thank you, Mr. Wattles, formless substance, etc. Really. I do appreciate this apparent waking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment