Sunday, October 11, 2009

Thinking in the Certain Way

Chapter 8 of our good book discusses the importance of having a Clear Mental Image of what you want before you can impress it on the formless substance. I love the part where he says, if you want to send your friend a message, you wouldn't send the letters of the alphabet in order and expect your friend to sort out the message. Ha! Wallace D. Wattles and his humor.

So I was reading this chapter tonight and asking myself if I have my clear image of what I want. Sometimes I think I don't. Sometimes I think I need to put more concentration and focus on such things. I kept on reading.

I'm always relieved at this part:

"Remember that no one needs to take exercises to concentrate his mind on a thing which he really wants. It is the things you do not really care about which require effort to fix your attention upon them."

So practical! So easy! So downstream.

Here's what really had me relax:

"Behind your clear vision must be the purpose to realize it, to bring it out in tangible expression. And, behind this purpose must be an invincible and unwavering faith that the thing is already yours -- that is at hand and you have only to take possession of it."

What I see in my life right now is definitely the purpose. As I came to realize in the course of writing this blog this past month, "purpose" - in the way Mr. Wattles distinguishes it - is like insistence.

I came to the point several months ago when I realized that my life had to be the way it is . . . and that it will be, as well. I've been blessed to have that work out in my favor.

Some time ago I struggled with whether or not there was something other than what I was doing in the moment that I was "supposed" to be doing. In other words, was I supposed to be looking for a job rather than concentrating on creating a collage (for Neal's birthday!), and I came to realize: no. I was living my purpose moment by moment.

I trust my intuition because, ultimately, it comes when "I" get quiet enough that the wisdom of presence can come through. I know I can count on that. It's been taking good care of me for quite some time now. And will continue to.

So eventually, whether consciously or not, I came to insist that my life continue to be supported. That being present and listening to my intuition and trusting that I'm led to the actions I need to take are really my jobs.

Wow, I just realized I'm getting sleepy and am losing track of what I'm saying.

I just wanted to say that I'd read tonight with a little bit of doubt or thinking that there was something else I needed to do, and I came to see, in reading further and contemplating the journey of this past month or so, that all is well. I have my vision and my purpose and my faith. I'm grateful as heck.

Wonder if this will make sense when I read it tomorrow?

Nighty night loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment