Saturday, October 10, 2009

I feel a little out of touch. I sat down to write some stuff last night and it was inauthentic for where I was at the time, so I stopped. I feel like I've been so steeped in other stuff or head up my butt or sleeping or whatever . . . that I haven't written. I kinda want to take my library book to the gym and just walk on the tread mill and read for a long time.

On the tv is a video of Ryan Adams in Jamacia and my favorite part is Ryan playing with Toots. THAT is inspiring. I'm also looking at my negative thoughts (my "blurts") as part of my Artist's Way work. There must be some crossover here. I think I'm hungry.

I don't even have an SGR in front of me to grab a blurb from. Let me look for one.

God, the one substance, is trying to live and do and enjoy things through humanity. He is saying
“I want hands to build wonderful structures, to play divine harmonies, to paint glorious pictures. I want feet to run my errands, eyes to see my beauties, tongues to tell mighty truths and to sing marvelous songs,” and so on.
All that there is of possibility is seeking expression through people. God wants those who can play music to have pianos and every other instrument and to have the means to cultivate their talents to the fullest extent. He wants those who can appreciate beauty to be able to surround themselves with beautiful things. He wants those who can discern truth to have every opportunity to travel and observe. He wants those who can appreciate dress to be beautifully clothed, and those who can appreciate good food to be luxuriously fed.
He wants all these things because it is himself that enjoys and appreciates them; they are his
creation. It is God who wants to play, and sing, and enjoy beauty, and proclaim truth, and wear fine clothes, and eat good foods. “It is God that worketh in you to will and to do,” said the apostle Paul.
The desire you feel for riches is the infinite, seeking to express himself in you as he sought to find
expression in the little boy at the piano.
So you need not hesitate to ask largely.
Your part is to focus on and express that desire to God.
- Wallace D. Wattles, The Science of Getting Rich, Chapter 6

I dig it. Two of my Artist's Way affirmations are:

I AM A CHANNEL FOR GOD'S CREATIVITY.
I AM WILLING TO LET GOD CREATE THROUGH ME.

And so it is.

One of the things I love about SGR is that it doesn't take me through all sorts of digging for old thought patterns and disempowering beliefs. We just move forward and swim in the loving arms of God. I dig that. It's pretty easy, and downstream. Yeah, this book helps me feel good. I'm glad for that. :-)

I'm gonna go make some dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment